"The first thing you will here me say is, 'I am not here to teach you a diet. I am here to teach you a lifestyle.' "
As a collegiate athlete, Jourdan always had a strong interest in fitness and nutrition. Originally starting her degree in exercise science, she fell more in love with the nutrition side and how it affects performance. The passion for her career grew more and more not only from education, but previous personal experience as well.
"The reason I do what I do is to teach the truth. Marketing has led us to fad diets and magic weight loss pills; we no longer know how to just fuel our bodies properly! I love seeing the light in my client’s eyes when I tell them they can eat REAL bacon and that red meat doesn’t cause high cholesterol."
Summit Nutrition educates people back to the basics of real food for real results. The goal is to walk away not just knowing how to eat healthy, but how to live healthy.
- Bachelors of Health Science from University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Certified Nutrition Consultant through AFPA
- Masters in Nutrition and Human Performance-Sports Nutrition emphasis from Logan University (in progress)
- Nutritionist for Natural Grocers
- Implemented nutrition program for Ball's Foods Price Chopper
- Nutritionist for Kansas City Chiefs athletes
- Fox4 and KCTV5 news appearances
- KC Gets Fit Nutrition Ambassador
- Nutrition writer for Try About Time Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition writer for Huffington Post
- Summit Protein bar creator.
- First high protein bar made from only whole foods.
- Experience working with many different chronic illness:
- IBS, diabetes, Tinnitus, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Multiple Sclerosis, PCOS, thyroid disorders, chronic pain, Gastroparesis, Ulcerative Colitis
- Success with many weight loss testimonies and restoring damaged metabolism from yo-yo dieting or menopause.