As a collegiate athlete, I always had a strong interest in fitness and nutrition. I originally started my degree in exercise science. However, as time went on, I fell more in love with the nutrition side and how it affects performance. As I got into my classes and learning the REAL truth about food and our bodies, my love for my career grew more and more. The reason I do what I do is to teach the truth. We have been so brain washed into different fad diets, magic weight loss pills and low fat everything, that we no longer know how to just fuel our bodies properly. I love seeing the light in my client’s eyes when I tell them they can eat REAL bacon and butter and that red meat doesn’t cause high cholesterol. I educate people back to the basics of real food for real results.
- Bachelors of Health Science from University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Certified Nutrition Consultant through AFPA
- Masters in Nutrition and Human Performance-Sports Nutrition emphasis from Logan University (in progress)
- Nutritionist for Natural Grocers
- Implemented nutrition program for Ball's Foods Price Chopper
- Nutritionist for Kansas City Chiefs athletes
- Fox4 and KCTV5 news appearances
- KC Gets Fit Nutrition Ambassador
- Nutrition writer for Try About Time Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition writer for Huffington Post
- Summit Protein bar creator.
- First high protein bar made from only whole foods.
- Experience working with many different chronic illness:
- IBS, diabetes, Tinnitus, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Multiple Sclerosis, PCOS, thyroid disorders, chronic pain, Gastroparesis, Ulcerative Colitis
- Success with many weight loss testimonies and restoring damaged metabolism from yo-yo dieting or menopause.